Reva Ekaterina Konstantinovna, Doctor of philological sciences, associate professor, head of sub-department of journalism, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Representation of ethnoculture through a gastronomic component in mass media and communication is important in terms of understanding features of national character of different peoples. The purpose of the present article is to identify features of functioning and reflection of gastronomic culture of the North Caucasus peoples in a mass media discourse.
Materials and methods. Devoted to defining ways of building a national worldview in mass media text by means of representation of gastronomic culture of peoples of Russia, the research relies on methods of such fields of sciences as cultural science, ethnography, journalism, and is based on system, culturological, typological approaches and a content analysis. The author’s attention is focused on geographical and gastronomic periodicals.
Results. The conducted research suggests that representation of gastronomic culture promotes dissemination of knowledge about history and culture of peoples of Russia – an objective of the Strategy of the State National Policy of the Russian Federation until 2025. The received results can be used in activities of the specialpurpose committees dealing with the issues of interethnic relations.
Conclusions. The analysis of the journal periodical press carried out gives a chance to say that the gastronomic culture of the North Caucasus peoples is presented in media texts not only by a set of dishes, but also by data on traditions, which in different situations are a part of food consumption; the information on features of gastronomy and traditions designs an attractive media image of the North Caucasus; by means of representation of the gastronomic culture the reader receives additional data on features of the national character of the North Caucasus peoples, life, traditions that corresponds to realization of an objective of the Strategy of the
State National Policy of the Russian Federation until 2025 on dissemination of knowledge about history and culture of peoples of Russia.
journalism, periodicals, ethnoculture, people of the North Caucasus, representation, gastronomy
1. Kapkan M. V. Fenomen gastronomicheskoy kul'tury: spetsifika form reprezentatsii (na primere Rossii XIX–XX vekov): dis. kand. kul'turologii: 24.00.01 [The phenomenon of gastronomic culture: specification of representation forms (by the example of Russian in the XIX–XX centuries): dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of culturology]. Ekaterinburg, 2010, 173 p.
2. Kositskaya F. L., Zaytseva I. E. Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of Tomsk State Pedagogical University]. 2016, no. 2 (167), p. 26.
3. Narody Dagestana [Peoples of Dagestan]. Execut. ed. by S. A. Arutyunov, A. I. Osmanov, G. A. Sergeeva. Moscow: Nauka, 2002, p. 142.
4. Ingushi [The Ingush]. Execut. ed. by M. S.-G. Albogachieva, A. M. Martazanov, L. T. Solov'eva. Moscow: Nauka, 2013, 509 p.
5. Mediasistema Rossii [The media system of Russia]. Ed. E. L. Vartanova. Moscow: Aspekt Press, 2015, 384 p.
6. Tipologiya periodicheskoy pechati [Typology of periodical press]. Ed. by M. V. Shkondin, L. L. Resnyanskaya. Moscow: Aspekt Press, 2007, 236 p.
7. Sidorov K. Vokrug sveta [Around the world]. 2016, no. 2, pp. 34–43.
8. Bazhenov T. Traveler. 2015, June-August, p. 34.
9. Kozhukhov M. Ogonek [The Flicker]. 2015, no. 45, pp. 38–40.
10. Eristov K. Gastronom [Grocery]. 2017, March, pp. 60–63.
11. Sevrinovskiy V. Gastronom [Grocery]. 2016, May-June, pp. 36–39.